[BBLISA] Chucking samba

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Tue Apr 27 07:25:20 EDT 2010

> From: dkap at haven.org [mailto:dkap at haven.org] On Behalf Of Internaut at
> Large
>
> And, this is yet another reason why I will _NEVER_ recommend using
> Windows software as a server in a production environment.

Trolling for similar anecdotes on other platforms?  I've got just as many
updates-broke-something stories for Windows, Linux, Solaris, and OSX.  But I
don't find it rewarding or interesting to engage in platform flame wars.

I also find it not-worth-while to try convincing somebody to be more open
minded, or speak more logically, when they have an obvious religious
anti-platform sentiment.  It doesn't benefit anyone.

No platform is perfect.  And frankly, IMHO, windows updates are more
reliable than the other mentioned platforms.